Monday, April 7, 2008

Work in progress

So I worked 12 hours tonight and in the process was called a jerk, gutless, and wreckless. All of these were by different pissed off passengers who were mad that they couldn't park at the curb. For some reason, people think that it's okay for them to block the curb where others who have their luggage are ready to be picked up, even though they are still waiting for their passengers to come out of the terminal. People just don't get this whole security thing either. No parking within 300 feet of the terminal means just that; you cannot put your car in park unless you are loading/unloading.

Tonight was an emotional night for me and I'm not entirely sure why. But I know that I may have managed to wreck something before it ever got going. I know that it will be some time before I can trust someone again and let my walls down, I have Tryvor to thank for that. But I feel that I have finally moved on. I have no want or need to talk to him or to know what is going on in his life or why it is that he decided that he needed to cheat on me. I guess I'm still socially reserved though and have a hard time being just friends, I'm getting attached to easily to people but am trying to manage that.

I have also realized that my schedule has to change. While working midnights, there is no way plausible for me to begin to think about a relationship or even a social life. I have never once been out to Greg's or Talbott's on a weekend. It's also cutting in on my time to get things accomplished during the day... for instance, I need to get a haircut, do laundry, work out at the gym, and go grocery shopping. All of this has needed to be done for awhile, and still find time to have a social life again. And now this week is my week to decorate cakes and that cuts in on my sleep time, but I'm only doing it three times this week cause I'm getting to the point to where I just don't care. The extra cash is nice but I'm not ready to sacrifice my social life for some new clothes or what not.

Only one more day of dealing with stupid people and I'm sure that it'll be me against morons once again.

1 comment:

Romeo said...

Hey, mister...welcome to the blogosphere. Hang in there!